On Sundays, I like to eat a pancakes. Not the kind of pancakes that come in a box, though. I like to give them a little more love than that. This past Sunday I cultivated one of my go-to pancake recipes. Try these and let me know what you think!
Oatmeal Banana Blueberry Pancakes
- 2 cups gluten free oats
- 1 1/4 cups coconut milk
- 1 large ripe, organic banana
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 heaping tablespoon local honey
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 large organic egg
- coconut oil or butter for cooking
- Combine all the ingredients in a blender or food processor and blend. You can also just use a bowl and a fork to whisk it.
- Pour about 1/4 cup of blended mixture onto a hot, coconut oil greased skillet. Cook on each side until lightly browned. Makes about 5-6 pancakes.